TeamUp! is an event series with an annual culminating activity that is designed to gather public support and participation for Bike Scouts Philippines and its advocacies. The TeamUp! event recognizes the need for a change in the way that social benefit activities attract support and participation, from a simple charity or advocacy approach to a branded public event that becomes the platform for convenient, fun, and genuine participation. TeamUp! opens up social good and advocacy to the mainstream audience by separating support from involvement, this is important because not all people have the time or inclination to actually be involved in many social good or benefit initiatives. People want to have the feeling that they’re concerned or that they’ve taken action, but only as long as their participation does not disrupt the regular schedule of their lives that provide them and their family with the comfort, convenience, and sense of stability that is their true priority. TeamUp! is a more realistic approach to public participation in social benefit initiatives and community engagement.
Monthly TeamUp! Event
All TeamUp! events are rooted in food, fun, music, and cycling – these are the core components that participants will be guaranteed to find throughout the event series. Monthly events will be organized in or around locally popular venues that are accessible to bicycles and community-activity-friendly. As it is with all other Bike Scouts Philippines events, the TeamUp! event series shall never have political sponsorship, participation, or endorsement in any way, shape, or form.
TeamUp! events are primarily meant to introduce the public to cycling culture, as defined for the event, the social benefit lifestyle concept, and the work and advocacy of Bike Scouts Philippines. The suggested activities for the monthly event series are as follows:
- Table Top Free For All – Sponsored food and beverage or club contributions available for all registered participants of the monthly TeamUp! event. Registration is necessary to gather participation data for sponsors and for future community engagement.
- The Magic Musette – Sponsored items for giveaway or raffling off to registered participants of monthly TeamUp! event series.
- Bicycle Skills, Safety, and Maintenance Clinic – Regular component for all community events of Bike Scouts Philippines to promote responsible bicycle ownership. The clinic for the monthly events will be a short instruction on road safety, hand signals, Goozam demo, emergency skills (medical), quick fixes (basic bicycle repair and maintenance).
- Skillethon – a mini skills tournament for registered event participants that will involve essential skills tests like Track Stand Competition, Slalom Event, and a concept tournament called BaileBalanseBicicleta (3B) which requires participants to ride around a small area as slow as they can in time with a selection of songs and then balance their bikes as motionless as possible when the music stops – last bicycle standing wins. Helmets required in all bicycle events in the TeamUp! event, no helmet no participation.
- Premyong Pinakamasaya (monthly Pepe Award – certificate) – is a special awards event given to event participants for King of Strava segments, ride photos, and videos, and other categories. Winners of the monthly award automatically qualify for the annual prize – a panel of judges will be selected for each monthly event.
TeamUp! monthly events are to be generally held on the second Saturday of every month in selected venues around the Philippines and beyond. The basic requirements for the monthly event are as follows:
- Venue that can accommodate at least thirty (30) participants with available facilities for electrical requirements (lights, audio, others) – with permits.
- Roofed (sheltered) area or tents, tables and chairs, Bike Scouts TeamUp! event banner.
- Assorted food items and drinks for at least thirty (30) participants.
- Raffle items and giveaways.
- Instructor or resource persons for Bicycle Clinic segment.
- Awards and prizes for the Track Stand, Slalom, and BaileBalanse segments.
- Awards and prizes for three (3) categories of the PremyongPinakamasaya segment.
- Audio equipment and laptop with projector, extension cords, microphone.
- Handheld two-way radios for event management.
- First-aid station or emergency kit.
Annual TeamUp! Event
The annual TeamUp! event is scheduled for the month of September every year and serves as the official general assembly of Bike Scouts Philippines, all local volunteer teams from around the Philippines and abroad are invited to participate. As in the monthly event series, the annual TeamUp! event is also rooted in food, fun, music, and cycling as a way of introducing cycling enthusiasts and the general public to cycling culture, as defined for the event. Activities for the Annual TeamUp! event include the following:
- Bike Scouts General Assembly – an organized event for the presentation of achievements of the Bike Scouts organization from the previous year and also an overview of targets for the following year. The General Assembly is an opportunity for all Bike Scouts team to meet each other and will serve as the venue for the presentation of new technology, gear, accessories, and apparel by partner organizations and companies.The highlight will bethe Patch Presentation segmentwhere Bike Scouts volunteer teams are called on stage to accept their volunteer badges.
- Bike Scouts Team Shop, Cycling Exposition – an exhibit of bicycles, cycling-related equipment and technology, apparel, accessories, and other products and services outside the General Assembly venue. The expo will host the Bike Scouts Team Exhibit, Bicycle Skills, Safety, and Maintenance clinic and the Magic Musette events.
- Skillethon – A larger scale version of the monthly skills tournament for registered event participants that will involve essential skills tests like Track Stand Competition, Slalom Event, Alley Cat Race, Urban Time Trial Event (Street), King of the Mountain Event (Parking Lot),Street and Freestyle Tournament, and a concept event called BaileBalanseBicicleta (3B) which requires participants to ride around a small area as slow as they can in time with a selection of songs and then balance their bikes as motionless as possible when the music stops – last bicycle standing wins. Helmets required in all bicycle events in the TeamUp! event, no helmet no participation.
- Premyong Pinakamasaya (Pepe Award – trophy) – is a special awards event given to event participants for King of Strava segments, best ride photos and videos, “Ride Of The Year Award,”and the “Rider Of The Year Award.”The competition is open to professionals, amateurs, and enthusiasts, a special panel of judges will be selected for the selection of winners. Additional fun categories may be added depending on availability of sponsorship. Winners in the monthly events (for selected categories) are the only entries that can compete for the annual prize.
- TeamUp! After Party – Musical performances, music, and food to conclude the event.
The detailed TeamUp! Annual Event implementation plan will be available at a later date.